Saturday, April 3, 2010

Just sharing

I read something this morning that really blessed me and I wanted to share during the Easter period.

A gem dealer was strolling through the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show when he noticed a blue-violet stone the size of a potato. Surprised, he said to the seller, 'You want fifteen dollars for this?' The seller, thinking the rock wasn't as pretty as others in the bin, sold it to him for ten dollars. That ugly stone was later certified as a 1,905-carat natural star sapphire, appraised at 2.8 million dollars. It took a lover of stones to recognize its worth. And it took the lover of souls to recognize your worth. Do you realize how much God loves you? If not, look at the cross. Perhaps you're disappointed because you've asked God for something and He didn't do what you thought He should have done. Before you feel unloved, take a moment and look back. Hasn't He blessed you and held you steady through rough places? It's been a long ride, but He's still holding you, right? Don't act as if your heavenly Father doesn't love you because He doesn't always cater to you.

Our society has spent so much time criticizing differences that it fails to see God in diversity. Because you're different, doesn't mean you're 'less than' - just different! If God hadn't made you as He did, you wouldn't have been able to persevere as you have. You're uniquely equipped to be a blessing to those around you. Remember, people are blessed because you're sincere and available - not perfect. So next time you feel worthless, stop and remind yourself, 'God loves and values me!'

I hope it will bless you as it blessed me. That we are not in a performance treadmill but in a loving relationship with our Heavenly Father!

-----------------------------------------

Just a little share today, a Mother's Day card for my MIL. I don't have my mum around anymore, but I'm very happy to have a wonderful Mother-in-Law who is so kind. I don't have any Happy Mother Day stamps but I think 'Thank you' speaks louder!

For my MIL

I used a sheet from the Mariposa papers for the background panel. Love them. The rose and bird is a new set from Hero Arts. A friend I met on the Internet, called Dee Collins sent me a little Hero Arts stamp set of four definition stamps. I used one of them on the above card, the 'happy' stamp. Thank you Dee so very much!!

Have a blessed Easter!

14 comments:

  1. Bon jour Jacqueline,

    Wat een mooi stukje, die ga ik zeker onthouden!

    Jullie ook een gezegend paasfeest toegewenst; He's is risen!!!!

    Blessings,

    Daniƫlla

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the sweet post, Jacqueline! =) and your mother's day card is so beautiful! very lovely colors and design. i love it. hope you have a wonderful Easter holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een prachtige tekst.
    Ook je kaartje is schitterend, elegant en de stempels spreken boekdelen.
    Ook voor jouw en je familie een vrolijk Pasen!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you...your message truly blessed me today! And I'm inspired by your beautiful artwork.
    Easter blessings to you,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! I love your color combo - so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card has to be one of the MOST beautiful and elegant cards I have ever seen! And, Jacqueline, thank you so much for your meaningful post. It is *exactly* what I needed to read today. Easter blessings to you and your family. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jacqueline- I really liked your post today. It is so true... sometimes the most inconsequential things turn out the thing that touches us most... Your card for your mother in law is just beautiful and I can feel the love you have for her in it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a heartfelt message ,sometimes we forget how truly blessed we are! Thank you for the reminder. Happy Easter Wishes my friend!
    Your MIL will Love her card no doubt
    it shows how much you care! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card..recognise the little 'happy' quote and love the way you've used it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful design on your lovely card. Love the inspirational words too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb design! The subtle colors are just FANTASTIC Jacqueline!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful words and the card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved your post. Such sweet words.
    And So true. Your card is almost as sweet as the words you wrote on your post. Thank you for always sharing your Love for GOD!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply GORGEOUS, Jacqueline!! Your cards take my breath away and ALWAYS leave me in AWE! You really need to create a BOOK! I seriously mean that. I think about you and your family SO OFTEN. I hope that everything is going good, Jacqueline. Love, Karen xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!