Sunday, January 2, 2011

Grids and inspiration

If there is one thing that I love the most that is mixing and matching with papers and colors, thats why I love these type of cards!



 


Just recently I got hold of some papers from Eline Pellinkhof who has a Dutch line of stamps and patterned papers. The colors are quite bold but I was drawn to them nonetheless. But I'm finding it difficult to cut into the papers, so I thought I would use the packaging in which the papers came.... I'm all for recycling anyway.

I want to share two other cards which two of my blogging friends made showing a unique way of using inchies that I am definately going to try myself. The first one is a grid which has been placed inside a stamped frame which has been white embossed on black paper. I think it is stunning! Look how the black and white brings out the vibrant colors of the inchies which have been punched out of stamping projects. Excellent!



This card is made by Nancy Krueger.

Secondly, feast your eyes on this beauty from Patty. Patty does not have a blog but can be found on the Hero Arts flickr gallery here.





This is so BEAUTIFUL! The inchies have been molded into a heart - I am definitely going to have to try this. I also love the color choice.

Have a fine day!
Jacqueline

8 comments:

  1. your inchie card is gorgeous as are the other two - all are going into my inspiration file. happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors on your inchie card they are so happy. Beautiful card by you and the cards you received are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for showcasing these cards by Nancy and Patty; I would have missed them. Do I need that scroll frame stamp? :) Love the first 2 also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for including my card in your post...how fun to be in such lovely company!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you work your magic with your pieces of paper. Just wonderful cards. Your two friends made some lovely examples of the inchies too.
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, Jacqueline! Impressive packaging, as they look like fabric to me!

    I feel privileged that you would mention my card on your blog. You are incredibly talented and a great inspiration. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jacqueline, I really love your two cards, those grey and pink papers are so beautiful! And the cards by Nancy and Patty are absolute beauties! You are having such a great influence in the crafting arena, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your recycled cards just blew me away. I have Eline's papers too and I am just like you...it's difficult to cut them :). I have the same problem with your papers... :)
    The two cards you showcased here are both breathtaking. That "quilted" heart is my favorite ; G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!