Monday, December 16, 2013

Winter Trees and Reindeer

Hi everyone. I haven't been very active on my blog lately. I have had a hard time, not physically but with very difficult situations in our Church where my DH was an elder. I have a husband who I love because he loves the truth and will not flinch for anything that is not Biblical or cannot see the light. Without going into details, it has quenched a lot of my love for writing about my walk in faith and also drained me of a lot of energy. I have been making cards but posted mainly on the Flickr gallery of Hero Arts, which is very dear to my heart because of all the wonderful ladies there. So I'm sharing a couple of cards which I made with the beautiful WINTER TREE Cling from Hero Arts, which has quickly become a 'go to' stamp at the moment, partnered with the die cut reindeer which sweet Sue Czosek sent me and also a lady called Sally, who I sadly don't see around very often anymore.
I will continue my story after the cards:

I stamped with the cling on patterned paper (thanks Sue!) and added dimension with the deer and some glitter to give it a feel of Christmas.

Stamped again with two different distress inks on patterned paper. The paper coincidently provided some nice shadows for the trees ! The deer is a smaller replica of the large one.

Here I tried a silhouette deer look and added a torn piece of embossed paper in the corner.

Here I also stamped on patterned paper.

Now to continue with an encouragement:

Yesterday evening we had a wonderful time with a couple who spoke and prayed with us in a revelatory way and I realized how much I had come to devalue and under-estimate who God called me to be. She prayed that God would confirm this in the coming days. This morning, God did confirm it, as I read this in my daily devotional (see below). I thought I would post this because sharing from the heart in transparency can just be the blessing someone else needs. I feel that the times are getting extremely dark out there and we need to be a beacon of light for others who are struggling in these end times!

‘As they wrestled together, the angel of the Lord asked Jacob, “What is your name?” He answered, “Jacob.” Then the angel said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, which means deceiver, but Israel, which means ‘a prince with God’, because you have struggled …and have overcome”’ (Genesis 32:27-28). God forced Jacob to look at his true identity. He wrestled him into a revelation of who he was—not who others said he was. His parents gave him his name and others called him by it, so he believed that’s who he’d always be. But God had a different plan for him. Hear this: you are not who others say you are. Why should they name you? Determine who you are before God. Let Him determine the level of your success. Why should others be allowed to live at their highest potential, but not you? You are more than your past, more than your education or CV, more than the color of your skin, more than your bank account, and more than your circumstances. Tell those who talk down to you and devalue you, ‘You’re confusing me with somebody else. God says I am a prince (or princess). And if I’m a prince (princess), then I have the right to be treated like one!’ You ask, ‘But is that true?’ Yes, the Bible says that when you walk with God, you are part of a royal priesthood (1 Peter 2:9). You are an overcomer (1 John 2:13-14). You are the head and not the tail, above and not beneath (Deuteronomy 28:13-14). So dry your tears, lift your head, square your shoulders and begin walking in your God-given identity.
This was the devotional today from the UCB pamphlet.

Blessings,
Jacqueline






17 comments:

  1. I pray that the difficulties your husband is facing will be resolved in such a way that God will be glorified.

    Oh, and your cards are lovely. We have just has several very warm days in Perth so imagining being in those snow scenes is quite refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards Jacqueline. I am praying for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards and I am sure I will be making one.
    Another good reminder is to read matthew 13--on the parables of the wheat and weeds and the net.
    There are counterfeit Christians out there and they seek to destroy God's Word, the truth. Yes--even in Church. God is always with us, even if we feel down. I love what you said about being a child of God means we are very special indeed. I will pray for you all, too. The world is dangerously dark today and the truth will not even be recognized by them. Remember--angels will be judging and all we can do is be a good witness and pray that God will open the eyes of those who refuse to see.
    May God's peace be with you.
    Tish Rowe in Tampa,Florida

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful cards, I've missed seeing your creations. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes we have to go through great ordeals in order to become stronger, I so hope that you will both be able to deal with the difficulties you are now facing. One day things will become more clear for you and don't doubt, have faith, there's always a solution. Love your beautiful cards Jacqueline, they look so pretty with the lovely reindeer.
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is always an inspiration to me. I wish you and yours a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing from your heart. God bless you as you continue to seek his face.
    I like what you did with the cards I am going to have to try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards! Can you direct me to a tutorial on your favorite technique! I'd love to try it!
    Keeping you and your husband in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely creations! I love the colors and how elegant the cards look. Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards, these scenes are so lovely!
    Isn't it amazing how God brings people into our lives to speak his word to us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning cards!! I think I'll have to invest in that stamp it's just so beautiful!! I particularly love the one with the postal theme ... Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just popping in again to thank you for the sweet, adorable Christmas tag you sent me, thank you so much Jacqueline! Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones, Ira x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Jacqueline. Thank you for your lovely Christmas letter. It's mean so much to me. You are so kind and thoughtfull.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    I love your cards. I love the background you Created.
    Hugs Helle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Jacqueline, you are inspirational in more ways than one! I love all your different cards with those gorgeous deers, the backgrounds you created are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Jacqueline!!! I just saw one of your cards hilighted on virginia's blog and came across to say I LOVE it! And there's even more loveliness here! I wish you had a video tutorial - you are a true artist!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are such beautiful cards. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been looking at some of your cards, and I love what I see. All of these are so elegant and beautiful. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!